Friday, January 9, 2009

Go Alison!

I don't have any pictures to share with you at this time however I wanted to share Alison's great success! She is almost completely potty trained! Yea! Shortly their will be no more diaper changing for two or the expense of diapers for at least one of my children. I've struggled with training Alison. She showed interest back when she was 19 months and unfortunately my doctor said to wait until spring so I didn't give the attention to it that I should have. Why did I listen to this doctor?? I missed that glorious window of opportunity. Alison then decided to take it into her own hands. Anyone who knows Alison knows she likes to be mostly in control and I think that's what she's been doing since. She absolutely refused to try (except when she was about to go in the bath at my mom's).
Since it is my last week of maternity I've decided it needs to be done while I'm still home with her. On Monday I simply told her she has no more diapers and she has to use the Big Girl Potty. She rested her elbows on the ottamon, cupped her chin in her hands, and sighed "Okay mommy". Anyone who knows her also knows she's a bit dramatic.
As I'm writing this I heard Alison crying in her room. It is 7:45 AM. I go to her room and ask what is wrong. I thought she said "I want my mommy" so I told her I was here. Then she said it again and I realized she said "I have to go potty". Alison had a dry diaper from all night of sleeping for the first time EVER so she must have held it!
GO ALISON!!!!!!!!!! I'm an "extra" proud mommy this week!

No comments: