Monday, September 14, 2009

Ali Starts School

Sorry, no pictures today. Just a post. Alison was enrolled at Tot Time up until today. We think 3-school is an excellent option for her since she's not in a regular daycare to socialize. I know she will learn and grow so much. We had our orientation for Tot Time last Thursday evening when I realized the classes didn't start until 9:30...I thought it was 9:00. I had it worked out perfectly that I would take her there and be to work by 9. That threw a wrench in the whole school thing. My sweet mother-in-law didn't have a problem taking her, but that would jeapardize (sabotage) Chase's morning nap. As you already read I just put him on a schedule so that was laying heavy on me. Barb also was willing to take her once a week, but it still meant I wouldn't be able to go to work until 9:30 the other day...thanks anyway Barb...love you :-). So...Mike and I decided to enroll her at Rose Park. Class starts at 8:45 and school is right across the street from where I work. I'm also thrilled about Christian education (at least for a couple of years). Through prayer I hope we find a way to keep them there. I put her in the Spanish Immersion class since there was one opening left. She's really excited about attending "Lola's" school. So...that was the excitement of today for me. I was really struggling over the weekend with what a headache Tot Time would be since they don't start until later. I'll post pictures tomorrow of her first day.
Chase was weird today. He's never been a good sleeper. Today he woke up at 6:15 and then took an early nap at 8:20. He slept for 2 hours. Cara put him down again an hour or so later and he slept for an hour and half. I thought he might not sleep again but he took another hour and a half nap. Maybe a growth spurt? I'm hoping it doesn't hurt his sleeping tonight ;-).
Good night all!

1 comment:

Keely said...

Good for you! I can't wait to see pictures!